I currently study Computer Science at the Georgia Institute of Technology. I'm a very passionate technology and education enthusiast, and I absolutely love being challenged with new ideas every day. My research and innovation interests lie in understanding and evaluating the feasibility of education technologies for low-resource environments and in studying novel use-cases for machine learning. I aim to engineer creative and contextually appropriate technological solutions for different communities.
You can read about my ongoing and prior work, see my latest talks and presentations, check out my one-page CV, or find out more about my hobbies. I love to read, write and play the violin among other hobbies such as music composition. I also (not very often) write down my bathroom musings on my public blog.
I enjoy mulling over thought-provoking quotes, and I have an entire page dedicated to some of my favourite ones. I also love TED talks, and I keep sharing my favourite talks on the blog. Please shoot me an email if you'd like to share a pun with me or if you have any questions!
- 16 March 2017Presented inspirit at the CEISMC STEAM Conference (at the Georgia Tech Research Institute) to a group of ~60 teachers, principals, and education administrators from the state of Georgia.
- 6 March 2017 Launched inspiritVR - the world's first free 360-degree content repository for educational content!
- 8 December 2016 My research from Summer 2016 was featured on the Georgia Tech College of Computing homepage and the Daily Digest.
- 26 October 2016 Presented 'CopyCat' and 'VR for Learning' at the School of Interactive Computing's Annual GVU Showcase (Atlanta, USA).
- 20 October 2016 Founded the next phase of the virtual reality development platform for learning environments.
- 12 September 2016 Received initial seed funding for OrchestrAI from the 1517 Fund. Also been invited to present a talk at the Wolfram Alpha Technology Conference next week (at Champaign, USA).
- 9 October 2016 Visited Detroit and participated in the MHacks 2016 Hackathon organized by the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. Created 'OrchestrAI' and won the first place at the hackathon.
- 16 September 2016 Visited the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and participated in the HackMIT 2016 Hackathon. Created an IoT paper-based tool titled 'Augmented Paper' and won the Philips-MIT Award for the Best Focuse-Based Document Summariazation Tool.
- 9 September 2016 Visited the University of Pennsylvania and participated in the PennApps 2016 Hackathon. Created 'SAFEphilLY'.
- 22 August 2016 Awarded the President's Undergraduate Research Award (Fall 2016) for Outstanding Undergraduate Research.
- 20 August 2016 Started working with Clarifai as a remote developer evangelist intern. Clarifai is a New York based deep learning and artificial intelligence startup.
- 20 June 2016 Started working with the Google UX and Expeditions team (New York and Mumbai Offices) to design and deploy a low-cost VR system for learning in two schools in Powai, Mumbai.
- 9 May 2016 Presented a workshop paper titled 'Online Learning in Diverse Low-Resource Contexts' in the Development Consortium Workshop at ACM CHI 2016 (San Jose, USA).
- 7 May 2016 Participated at the ICTD Workshop at the Google and Facebook Headquarters, as part of the ACM CHI 2016 DevCon Workshop.